Job Type: Full time
The Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is a non-profit engaged in large-scale oyster restoration, advancing oyster aquaculture, and promoting sustainable management of native oysters and other fishery stocks. ORP operates its shell recycling and processing facility in Cambridge, MD where it acquires and processes over 125,000 bushels of oyster shell annually to produce spat on shell in partnership with the Horn Point Oyster hatchery, a laboratory of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. ORP is looking to hire a Director of Field Operations to manage the shell recycling and processing facility located in Cambridge, MD.
The Director of Field Operations (DFO) is responsible for managing staff and equipment resources required to support annual spat on shell production goals and aquaculture operations. Given the nature of this position the DFO must possess exceptional leadership skills and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. At a minimum, the DFO will manage up to 12 full time and seasonal staff, maintain shell processing and fleet operations, and conduct regular communication with Horn Point Lab hatchery and maintenance managers. The DFO reports directly to the Director of Program Operations and is supported by the Assistant Field Manager as well as other permanent onsite staff.
Specific DFO duties will include:
• Manage shell acquisitions, shell processing, and shell storage
• Manage on-site aquaculture program activities
• Manage and schedule staff and equipment resources to accomplish daily and annual operations
• Coordinate restoration vessel operations including staffing technician to document oyster planting locations
• Maintain and acquire equipment
• Develop annual work plans and operations budget
• Develop and maintain Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) documents
• Primary liaison between University of Maryland, Horn Point hatchery and maintenance managers
• Participate in outreach events, as required.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Between 5 and 10 years of experience managing staff in a production setting
• Experience managing and maintaining a fleet of vehicles and industrial equipment including dump trucks, forklifts, boom trucks, and stationary machinery
• Able to pass DOT physical and have a clean driving record
• Willingness to reside in close proximity to Cambridge MD
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience managing staff and equipment in an intensive production setting
• Familiarity with oyster biology, restoration or aquaculture, preferred
Position Status and Benefits:
The position is a full-time permanent (40 hours) with full benefits including health, 401K, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience. The primary duty station for this position is Cambridge, Maryland. Regular in-state travel to meetings and field locations is required.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Job Opening_ Director of Field Operations
No phone calls please
Resumes will be accepted until February 9th